Thursday 6 June 2019

Letter from the Not-so-innocent-me



Dear Current Self...



Dear Current-Self


Please give me a chance to express myself to you as much as you recklessly throw the most hurtful of words without hesitation or doubt. Please don’t shut me up before I even say all I have been burying deep down in my broken heart. I know, I know you hate me with a passion and sometimes doubt yourself and you always are in flight mode whenever I try to reach out, but listen just listen and let me let it all out, no doubt I will be nice, I come in peace and all I want I to live with you in peace and leave here in one piece, I promise I will be nice.


The day I came into your life, we were so much in love because you were ready to experiment, to live a little and explore a whole lot, I mean I wasn’t the best of your options because you weren’t so sure, but I sure was fun, and I sure held your hand and I never was prepared to take a run. I was here for the long run, but fate happened, and just like the truth it is, everything comes and happens for a reason, to build and do more building. I am not bragging but let me give you one hint, you are here because of me, I was the deep gorge you needed to pass through to your light, I was the fun but bad that you required for you to know and differentiate between right and wrong.


I know I am that part you decided to let go and let me tell you this, I am not mad at you so please stop treating me like an enemy here, I am not. I understand why you left me. It’s a lonely place down here, here in the pits, but it gives me joy that you have navigated through life the way you have, you have grown, you now appreciate treating other people well because we had one hell of a ride when we were taking them for rides. I must say the day you started feeling sick of all the bad things we used to do together I knew it was for me to give you a chance to meet yourself, to appreciate the things in your life and understand that people are not objects that can be used or replaced, that’s why we have things, gadgets and everything else non-human use those.



I pushed you to the limits and showed you that there is nothing beyond being dishonest, non-loyal, cheating, not committing, lying, stealing and a whole lot of the things we did in the dark, that’s all it is mortal fun. It was fun as well as educative, please give me the accolades I deserve: I led you through the darkness, so you can meet light, I let you loose so you can learn to hang so tight, I whispered in your ears be sly, be savage so you can have so much baggage, and when time comes you will understand not to judge people based on that which they bring when they come into your life and speak their love language.


With no doubt I gave you character, I built it from the ground, I am neither beating about the bush ,nor going around, I am setting my foot on the ground, and rightfully express my mind, so profound. Stop giving me attitude and understand what I am telling you with great aptitude, I speak of what I know, and I speak from the known, we both know we weren’t saints, but for how long will you go, shutting me out and not embracing me for who I was in your life. I gave you the liberty to move on after I played my role, but you keep disrespecting me, by running away from all the truth and not giving me credit of my role. Sweetheart I am not going to judge you, but I am giving you power to accept that we had a good time, but you had to grow up.

 Now listen, stop beating yourself about changing the past, man I am always going to be part of you, I apologise I cannot be erased, I have siblings everywhere in everybody’s life, some have stunted growth , some take time to let go their hosts but one thing for sure we are here to teach life worth lessons. We are to jump start lives, we are for a purpose, and I promise you like I did; we always let go and take the back sit, sometimes we are very hard to leave behind, but the right time always comes. 


It’s always different for everybody, depending upon the lives they live and the circumstances in their lives, but we come and go, and trust me, believe it or not the experience we come and gift you with are amazing, you will understand this when you grow older. Tell me you didn’t learn a thing or two? I know you did ( not to threaten you but if you invite me in any case I’m glad to give you round two, but I know you have learnt enough now, so I will stay behind where I belong).


One favour I ask from you is to make peace with me, and keep the lessons I gave you. I wish for you to accept that what happened was for the lessons and experience, I served my term in your heart, and I made marks. I am unapologetic for pushing you so hard sometimes, but look at you today, aren’t you beautifully amazing? I look at you and I sigh and ooze with pride, I mean you are amusing. I don’t wish to come again, I will sit in the background and wait for you to move on from me, and the moment you will stop shutting me down, I will peacefully take my goods with me and trust me you will never ever have to fight me, cause I will not be loud anymore.



Stop beating yourself and know that I am always part of you, just accept it and move on doing that will give you the power to release the energy of forgiveness deep in your heart the moment you stop suppressing me, your very own forgiveness to you. I told you I am not part of your future, you have every power to make it what you want it to be. I am only here as your past to build the character you needed. I mean look at you aren’t you what the entire world appreciates. Keep going forward and never look back, I do not define you. I am here for peace and with this I say TRUCE.


Yours Ready to go when you want


Your-not-so-innocent


Hello my beautiful people, I hope this speaks to you in away you never really thought of seeing it, we came here to learn, grow and conquer, lets grow together!!!

#growth #selfreflections #selflove

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry to judge, I can only imagine what you have gone through...

                To you whose life I broke through my words...                                                 ðŸ’”💔💔 I am sitting here t...