Tuesday 14 January 2020

Shut the Hell Up !!!


Start the Decade Right 

I think it’s only fair to get back here and do the exact thing that is expected of me: to say, “ HAPPY NEW YEAR, HAPPY NEW DECADE !!!”. I say so because I honestly do not want to say it ,because to me it definitely has lost its meaning, or rather let me say  it’s just like saying good morning, goodnight whatever we just say randomly out of the whim, like its routine now, but do you really put thought into it? I am a deep thinker and sometimes unnecessarily so for my own good, and everything I say is not really what you think first hand, it is usually deeper than what you hear but anyway, I rumble a lot ( so like me).


Well hello there, welcome back to “the space”, place of peace, place of positivity, I hope you are doing great and ready for one of those new year’s where we are pumped up for the first few months ( resolutions, goal setting and all, you know the drill…) and theeen, everything goes downhill, I understand, I do it too and in that regard let me say, Let’s hit all that needs to be hit when we still have the drive, since we have always  started on highs and then dropped the acceleration overtime, START THE DECADE RIGHT!!!


Shut Up !!!
Shhhhh ...

There are a number of lessons I learnt from last year and I thought ah what better way to start the year, the decade, than share from these lessons so that we all watch out for these tendencies and not make these mistakes again. I learnt a lot of things last year, the biggest lesson being “SHUT THE FIG UP!!!”. I also learnt that for me to be exactly where I want to be, I should take one step at a time and not overload myself with so many commitments that I lose myself whilst at it. I learnt that it is important to do things in small chunks and not overwhelm myself with so many goals, expectations, tasks and a whole lot of loads upon myself. We will talk more about the second lesson, but for today we are hitting hard on the first one , I shall repeat and shout even harder and louder for my brothers and especially sisters at the back ( we are mostly guilty of too much yep yep ) , ”SHUT THE HELL UP !!!”


As much as it is important to share good news and share goals and plans for whatever reason ( might it be for accountability, or push and drive , or motivation to finish it or see it come to pass, or for manifestation reasons, or whatever it is), please learn to shut up and move in silence, especially before the thing is done. I learnt the hard way. Let’s just say my big mouth worked against my favor last year.


 Well I don’t want to lie and say it mostly worked against me, because it mostly did me some good and made me see places I have never seen before in my life, it made me fly internationally for the first time, made me start a blog and maintain it, made me meet many new interesting people, made me have life changing positive encounters. But then, here comes the bomb, it made me make the one mistake of sharing something really big, a big part of my life that I wasn’t supposed to lose, a big opportunity that could have changed my life ( story for another day, which I probably will share maybe in ten years to come).The long and short of it, I learnt that not everybody that smiles at you has your best interest at heart, not everybody wishes you well, and definitely not everybody around you has the positive energy you have enough to draw good into your life.

A successful woman/man knows when to open their mouth, what to share, what to keep, how much information to dish out. Apparently you are allowed a little if not more practice of keeping your life private and just when you hit that milestone then if you wish share the success story so that you appreciate your work and celebrate your wins. It is important to keep people in the dark and just let them be curious about what is happening in your life and give them less power to jinx your world. A big lesson out of it all was: if I want to make it in life, I should speak mostly when asked, when I have to give positive encouragement, Listen more and talk less, give more ears than I dish out my words.

It is important for you to consider using other methods of kicking your goals, I mean don’t you think it’s high time you ,well we did things differently considering we have tried this other method and it has not worked in our favors. Instead of writing down these resolutions on our statuses and even our journals without really walking in silence (this has since expired) let’s try a different method. Walk in silence and let the results talk for themselves. Keep that big mouth of yours shut, and let the work of your hands flourish without jinxing things for yourself.

I will end this by quoting one of my favorite verses from the Bible (Please don’t be shocked, I am Christian, although I do not post any of that side of mine here to sound all preachy all the time, Its important I acknowledge this part of me here too as  I am seeking to be in touch with my faith in my private life) :  1 Thessalonians 4:11-12 “ that you also aspire to lead a quiet life, to mind your own business, and to work with your own hands, as we commanded you, that you may walk properly toward those who are outside, and that you may lack nothing” NKJV. Do not forget that you might make all of these plans, and forget the author of it all, who has power over your life, put all of it in his hands, he who started it will finish it for you , and remember to keep quiet and work in silence. Have a fruitful year, through and through.

Let’s all start this decade the right way and stop contributing to the noise that is significantly confusing us and the rest of the world. It is important to lead our lives quietly, keep crashing goals, doing more than saying, and most of all being who we should be rather than just saying, because after all we are called human-beings !!!


#vision2020 #change #doitdifferently




4 comments:

  1. Profound piece of work. Surely we need to be more of doers than talkers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. iyooo!!! got so much to say about this post ...but im just going to shut up!

    ReplyDelete

Sorry to judge, I can only imagine what you have gone through...

                To you whose life I broke through my words...                                                 ðŸ’”💔💔 I am sitting here t...