Tuesday 23 July 2019

Who am I?


Time Flies : The other side of 2019

Half the year is officially gone with an extra month and we are anticipating taking on the few months left of it. I mean the year just went past through just like that, I hope you haven’t let it butcher you with it. Every year comes with its own wholly awesome drama and I have had a fair share of mine. Major moves took charge of my life some very positive and very berry but others bad and very peppery, and of course we always have the middle ground, regardless I am still pushing for the best.



I hope you haven’t given up yourself, life really has so many lessons in which it gives us if we pay attention to detail our lives are changed for the best on the way. Because of all these moves, changes, dramas, and a whole lot of life itself we tend to lose ourselves and forget our whys. Do not worry, just be awakened. Your mental health comes first, for you to take on the world and ride those goals like a boss, you need to be in the right state of mind, remind yourself of the following (I wholesomely need to be constantly reminded of these too :

Who Am I?
Who are you really? Do you understand yourself, your identity? Where you come from and where you are going? What’s going on with your life? What drives you? What takes you down? What gives you power? What are your strengths and weaknesses? All these play a major role in defining who you are. Losing your identity with the rest of the world, makes you forget or lose touch with your uniqueness in turn making you go with the winds and makes you lose focus. Are you willing to lose yourself and lose meaning of your life? With the constant life pressures, the pain , the loses the grief I have gone through in life and especially the year 2019, I somehow found myself asking myself some questions that I didn’t have answers to but I never stopped, well I never stop reminding myself of who I am, plus no-matter the hurdles every year also brings beauty in our lives, so I mean why should you not be reminded of the boss you are.

 I am one strong woman that is not defined by pain, but by the power of healing and forgiveness I highly possess. I am a beautiful strong woman with the power to move in positive light even when everything else is dragging me down. I am a woman who chooses love and light, and I am a woman who has chosen to be a light in other people’s lives even as I seek to find more of it myself, I am a woman defined by a positive mind-set, and what I say I am, I am, what I say I will do, I do and what I set my mind on , I pursue. I am a winner! Do you know who you are? Who are you?


What do I want out of Life?
At the end of the day what really do you want out of life? What are your goals, your ambitions, your plan and how far are you willing to stretch to get these achieved? How far can you stretch without compromising your elasticity and your quality, your values, your person? How far would you go to see you get the ultimate goal achieved in your life, right by you? (Today we are playing that game, yes that one that doesn’t have a name your five year old curious niece or nephew does to you, let’s call it the “ready to hit on life head on” game). Yes, that one of a million questions. If you are easily annoyed by questions, then how best can I help you my friend bear with me we are dissecting the meaning of life here, you need to hear this.

My ultimate goal in life is to be happy; I want happiness out of all this. I could grow wealthy and significant in the society, but with no happiness it’s all meaningless, isn’t it? That’s what I am trying to reach at right now. I want to be happy and give happiness, brighten up my world and the next person’s world, I do not want to be a failure, like everybody else I don’t think there is one soul that aspires to be a failure, but how much am I willing to sacrifice? That’s a painful thought right there. Sometimes we have to lose the best part of ourselves to reach for growth and sacrifice the now for a happy tomorrow, I mean it hurts, and it hurts so bad, trust me I know, but at the end it is all worth it, for your ultimate goal to be reached. In my case I strive to bring light in my life in form of happiness as much as I want to for the people that I love and those that do not even know me. What do you want out of life? What are you doing to get it?


What are the lessons learnt from my mistakes?
Hey there! How are you? How far have you gone in life without making any mistakes? I thought so too, you are not perfect, you are human, you were designed to learn from your mistakes and from the past in general and do not deny yourself the privilege to learn that way. Don’t be too hard on yourself, you are only yourself and like I always say, perfection is a myth, thus embrace yourself flaws and all, mistakes included, cause that is exactly how we learn. The dumb thing to do is pursue perfection and not excellence, whilst at it running away from mistakes or being way too careful, way too serious for nothing at the same time not being able to live a hundred per cent truthful life to self in the name of avoiding mistakes and pursuing perfection, you might come out of it alive, but less experienced in terms of life. Too many rules make you miss out all the fun in life.

I am speaking from experience; too many rules deprived me of my happiness and mere enjoyment of life. I always was too rigid, too serious and too careful in life and missed out a whole lot of my teenage life, I mean I am grateful for the person it made me turn out later on , but man, I was too tough on myself, all in the name of being careful and not making mistakes. Long and short of it, don’t be like me, just live your life, I have learnt that now, don’t be an over-thinker, live your best life ( just make sure you are not taking advantage of the next person to please your own darn self, that’s not nice #ok listen to little miss nice me popping#). Make mistakes learn from them, and learn not to repeat them, because repeating them makes you a stupid person, get that right, and note the difference.

Learn from the bad decisions you have made before, learn what worked and what didn’t, how and where to improve, how to do better next time and see yourself flourish and grow beautifully. Life really doesn’t have a formula really, take it as it comes, and live with no regrets. If you follow too many rules, you are just limiting yourself and you will not have any mistakes to learn from, how sad. I am being just real and open with you right now, just live your life, take risks, explore, make as many mistakes as possible until you get it right, we learn to walk from falling as many times as possible. If a child paid attention to the many mistakes they made in their development stages of growth and say “maybe this is not for me”, this world could be full of old man and women who cannot walk or talk, what a sad world. Learn from the past mistakes and grow, period!!!

With this, I rest my case for today, don’t let the year pass you by just like that. Reclaim your place, take charge and repossess your life, it’s for you to live and you only got one shot at it. It’s for you to live. The few months left are for you to make major positive impact in the world, own it!!! Let’s grow together !!!

#conquer2019 #reflections #growth #lifelessons

2 comments:

  1. A call to introspection! And many times we don't have the confidence to look ourselves in the mirror, to call ourselves to order and to progress! Thanks Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's exactly what we do, and lose ourselves on the way, we need the reminder now and again. you are welcome and thank you for reading this piece
    ...

    ReplyDelete

Sorry to judge, I can only imagine what you have gone through...

                To you whose life I broke through my words...                                                 ðŸ’”💔💔 I am sitting here t...