Monday 18 March 2019

I am not normal !!!



Yes, you heard me right… I am not normal, I have been diagnosed by my very own doctor who is private and only practice for me: myself. In medical terms they call it “self-diagnosis”, in many cases not advised, and I rightfully agree. Self-diagnosis is wrong, you need to seek professional assistance, consult with the people who know best, but to hell with all that because I know even the most experienced doctors can also make mistakes. So when I seek expert advice on matters that concern my mental capabilities I know best where to go, (of course there are exceptions, laughs, note I said  one’s mental capabilities” and not physicalhealth problems, see a doctor please) , (and yes I talk to myself too, because I give the best advice around #laughs).


 Trust me on this one, you need to relax and listen, and listen very carefully. So recently I self-diagnosed myself with an abnormality everybody else should actually be proud of, yes you also have it, its called "Self-Awareness". After all the things I have been through in my life, the loses, the experiences, the failures, the downs, I also have experienced the ups, the successes, the gains, the laughter, the joy , the love and everything in between, this is me and this is real. There is no any other Christine like me, my capacity and my abilities, my strength and even my name, I mean this is as real as it can get. And here comes a society that is constantly trying to change us, making us uniform, setting its standards of beauty, of normalcy, who the hell is this society,  upon every little detail that has made me, ME? Are you following? Let me drag you with me, you will understand in a bit...


Who defines normal? Who sets the standards of normalcy? Who knows what normal looks like and smells like? Give me an answer to this and maybe you may make me sit down, but as long as you do not have the most sufficient answer, then you sit down!!! Why do you need to be normal, when the best version of you can only be explored through all the craziness you possess? I once read somewhere written, “ It is difficult to maintain your sanity and your actual self in a world that is constantly trying to change it”, and trust me if you allow it, you definitely get swallowed by it. Why does the world have to have so much power in defining what you are supposed to do as a person? It is because we allow it. There is nothing called normal, that you must be. That abnormality, is your very normal, which means there are many, "normals" out there, in fact 7 billion if I am not mistaken.


“Part of your happiness may lie in moving on from where you are right now” John Stanko
That place that limits you from exploring you as an individual.


Lately I have been reading more than ever before, as a way to explore what’s really out in the world. To know what’s going on in the places I can never physically reach( OTHER PEOPLE’S MINDS AND HEARTS), and I have noticed, the loudest voice out there is about “being yourself”, before you are everybody else. I recently came across Jonh Stanko’s book that has completely changed my life(by now you should know I’m all about PURPOSE). I feel like I have read everything in it even before I ever read it. I realized most of the things it talks about. I have recently started to practise and this is a grand confirmation,  that I’m in the right path. In the same vein it has taught me that you need not be normal to be accepted by the society, because there is no need for you to be, in fact there is nothing such as normal. And as a result the best and most productive you can get is by ignoring the normal, or what is regarded as such because it doesn’t exist, these are all illusions that we are made to see. You are your own being.



It has taught me to grant myself permission to go ahead with my life as I see fit, to beat the cranky old man inside of me as much as you have your own in you, to beat and fight self-talking, to appreciate an audience of one, to embrace your creativity to press on, to start seeing myself as I am ; that is not being normal, to break the rules drawn by the society or by myself, if they are limiting my productivity as well as my growth, to take a break from all that is expected of me by the society, to celebrate my failures, to hug and kiss myself, to talk to myself, to start even when I am very old, All this because I am not like the rest, I am not normal. I do not follow the standards set by the society to reach what is expected of me. To live my life, and live it the best way possible!!!

Remember to embrace your own normal,cause the rest of them are all taken.

#growth #selfawareness #selflove

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry to judge, I can only imagine what you have gone through...

                To you whose life I broke through my words...                                                 ðŸ’”💔💔 I am sitting here t...