Monday 28 January 2019

The Imperfect Wo/Man !!!


Today is just one of those few days I feel so lazy, so unfocused, so bleeeh, you know those days, I get them too. C’mon I might be strong ( or is it just being loud and feeling myself, or a front, you don’t want to know, lol) but I am human, I know you understand because I mean who is perfect, who has it all? Who is always okay? Who is always the smartest (we all wish, I know)… It is okay not to be okay, it is what makes us human.
I forgot to say hello, how are you doing beautiful humans, hope you are all great. Because I am good just not pumped up today, just hoping the night gets here fast so I can go to sleep, it is all I want to do today, and that is as honest as I can get. Anyway I got something I was just thinking about as I was sited and feeling lazy, of course my body is lazy today, but my mind is forever performing drama and arts, a little bit of somersaults and bungee jumping I guess that is why I’m very tired today .

I was looking back into my life and was like,” what really defines me as a person and I thought of many things, deep, if I might say. But as I was diving deep, I also realized that there are silly things I do and they don’t hurt anyone really but they are just weird I guess, but it is because I am done pursuing being perfect because it is unrealistic, perfect doesn’t exist, there is just excellence( I mentioned it in a recent post). So hey I am not perfect, I fail, I cheat, I lie, I wake-up with bad breath in the morning, I look funny and dress like a homeless person when I am at home #sighs, simply put I am not perfect, but I also know what I want from life and when excellence is required from me, I give my best shot, I dress well, I eat well, I talk well, I read a lot to learn from better and more experienced people than I am, I learn from mistakes, I try to do things whole heartedly, and I learnt this through my life journey especially when I was still chasing perfectionism which I figured out stresses me a whole lot than it fulfils me.
So I am saying it is ok to let loose and be yourself, live life as it comes. Let me share this with you, you can never be perfect, hell no, you can never be perfect and still live life to the fullest. I don’t want to lie and say it is easy not to care, not to pursue perfection and the standards set out by all the external factors in the world, it is a process therefore it is learnt over time , One thing though always mind the double standards the world has, it can mislead you (a topic for another day).

I am a person that is seeking growth constantly and on this journey I have realized that I slip up a whole lot and it is okay. It is okay to be different, to live for me and enjoy life as it is. Someone out here might be having many flaws or faults, could it be physically or mentally and feel so uncomfortable around people or just care too much but let me just tell you one thing, those people do not even care, we live with people but do not live for people, hear me right; there is a difference there, it’s all talk it doesn’t last, people have many problems to think about enough to care about your little imperfections.

And also something interesting I realized it is okay to live in your own moment and have your me-time even when you are around other people. I don’t mean that you have to be anti-social or dysfunctional, no I simply mean that as human as you are you, need to embrace you and do things not thinking what the next person things about you, nobody expects 1000% from you all the darn time( it’s too much), so relax and live a little, because we are made to be imperfect. I keep stressing on this because the constant competition I see around is toxic and makes us miss a whole lot in life especially about ourselves, it won’t be surprising if asked a question about yourself you won’t be able to answer it properly, you will just blab and say meaningless things, just because you constantly seeking to be perfect which you definitely aren’t made to be.

BONUS TIPS: -   It is okay to put on headphones when you are in a taxi or public transport and act as if you are listening to something, when you are not.  Just to dwell in your thoughts more and have no one talk to you, especially that talkative person who is shallow but just wants to show off whatever they think is precious they have( you know exactly what I mean). Exclude the humble people who are simply trying to make conversations to make the journey short, yes you can tell who is who by just listening for the first two minutes of your drive.

-it is okay not to wear make-up and wear ugly loose fitting clothes when you are at home and just feel good about it, I mean home is the only place you can look ugly in peace ( and not care for once how big forehead or nose is, it is your God-given features embrace them, I have the ugliest feet and I get to wear slopes when I am home and it’s so comfortable, I mean they are my little feet, thank God they are so small lol).

-It is okay to use only a fork when at a public restaurant or when you are eating, nobody cares if you are good at using a fork and a knife, it is your food, your own tummy, besides for me I really enjoy it with a fork because it is faster especially if its chicken and a drum-stick, being brought up eating corn and sadza (an African dish which is best enjoyed using your hand), I mean I enjoy it better. On that note it is also okay to enjoy the food enough you clean the plate, as long as you don’t chew loudly and disgustingly it is your food, it’s supposed to be eaten, this especially goes to the ladies, you know what I mean, stop wasting food, and when you go back home you thinking, oh my word that was really nice I should have eaten it all but I was shy, duh, food is meant to be eaten
photo cred: (@tsitsi-z ig) picture drawn by a Zimbabwean Artist : Zim art Gallery







-It is not a crime not to participate in a family Whatsapp group, you don’t always have to talk just because you are afraid to be judged that you are full of yourself, I mean it’s your phone and your time as well, so if you have something very important to share just better call it is faster that way.





-It is okay to just laugh your mistakes off and not take it too seriously, it’s just mistakes, what’s bad is not to learn from them and repeat them, now that’s being dumb and has nothing to do with you being an imperfect human.

You are perfectly flawed, embrace your imperfections in all its forms, mental and physical, you are all you have, and one last thing, you don’t know everything, so it is okay to ask for help, and deliver way better than you could have if you could have just pretended that you know, that is more embarrassing than just asking for help… Have yourself a lovely week and remember everybody is an imperfect wo/man!!!

#conquer2019 #vision2019 #embraceyou #perfectly flawed
Ps: (wo/man= woman/man)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry to judge, I can only imagine what you have gone through...

                To you whose life I broke through my words...                                                 ðŸ’”💔💔 I am sitting here t...