Thursday 31 January 2019

Kindness doesn't make you happy!!! Does it???


Hello beautiful people, welcome back here, I hope you are all good and keeping the grind on whatever you do in life I hope you doing it the best possible way. I am great, just feeling hungry like every other morning these days but your girl is good, and like every other day felling extra, cause I’m generally extra, don't worry you will soon find out.

Following the most recent post, I mentioned I have some things I do that might be weird to someone else but I still do anyway because it makes me so happy. Some of the things I do are generally a product of my upbringing. For those who do not know I was born and bred in Zimbabwe, with a mother so strict and as African as they can come. And for those who know it generally means “good behavior drills everyday” in the best possible way.
no-matter how complicated,just look the other way and be kind 


 I grew up being one of those kids who understood the “eye language”, which was always between my mother and I. I knew which  look meant, “you are now growing a tail (you are now growing too big for your shoes), the one that said “shut up!”, and my lifetime favorite, the one that said “as soon as these visitors are gone, you are going to know who is boss here”, and I bet every African knows this one. And for all the lessons my mama taught me, I am grateful I turned out great and strong, above all kind and well mannered, mama I owe you with my life (bless her soul, my favorite drill sergeant well at least she is now, lol)…

The reason why I just shared this is because, I learnt a lot from my mother’s teachings it has molded me into the woman I have become and as I have realized the world is getting more and more vicious and rough we need more good hearts than ever before. Of all the lessons I had, one of the greatest is “kindness is a necessity for you to give life”. Kindness is a necessity, because as the human race is continuously advancing, thanks to technology, “morals” are accidentally compromised and kindness is suffering even more becoming like one of the rarest commodities around.  The world is slowly developing into a toxic globe because we just do not care about the next person anymore. My mother taught me that kindness is part of love, in fact it is born out of love itself and everybody deserves and needs it, in turn everybody is capable of giving kindness, it’s your choice.

I personally practice sharing kindness in a number of ways which I am sharing here and you can also borrow from and share yours as well so I can also borrow from yours. It is important as a human being to give love so you can also receive it, we are a community and no one among us can survive without the other. Let us all go back to the basics and remember what love and oneness felt like before we were swallowed by the advancement around us.

Be kind anyway!!!

7 WAYS TO SHOW KINDNESS:
·        As much as we are all busy with our professions, family, school, business and everything around us , take time to text just one person and hear if they are fine, you never know what it might feel like to them to be checked upon and feel there is someone who cares. Sometimes the world is a lonely place even if it has 7.7 billion people in it, be that one person that is there for them, you might save a life.

·        As you are walking down the street and just minding your business, help that old lady with her bags, if she allows you obviously, be nice and offer your help you never know what blessing her “thanks” will reward you with, how would you feel if somebody helped your sick grandmother when she couldn’t get any help from someone she knows around?

·        Let us learn to lend a hand and not expect any rewards whatsoever, trust me the feeling is so fulfilling, you feel so relevant and useful it makes you happy.  I always do this whenever I can, and it gives me so much happiness. For instance I have helped pay bus-fare a number of times for other people in a public commuter bus when they couldn’t do it themselves. Sometimes after losing their wallets, or they didn’t have cash and I just didn’t want them to be embarrassed, and never let them pay me back. When we arrive wherever we will be going, we just part ways. I am talking about total strangers here, and it feels so good. Guess what happened this one time, I forgot my wallet at work and didn’t even notice it until it was time to pay my bus-fare, for a minute when I found out that I didn’t have any money on me, I just sat there feeling like it was the end of the world and before i knew it the lady that was right beside me just opened her wallet and paid for the both of us. 

I was shocked because I hadn’t asked her to, and all she said was, “ I saw you looking surprised when you opened your bag and I just knew either you lost your wallet or forgot your bus-fare, so I thought let me just pay for you, don’t worry nobody has to know, and you don’t have to repay me” ,and that was it, just like that. I knew then that a little kindness goes a long way, the good you do for others comes back to you, and unfortunately enough this applies with the bad you do as well…IT COMES BACK TO YOU!!!
this has nothing to do do with being kind, but just smile anyway..

·        When someone offends you especially in public, take a deep breathe, in…out, in …out, contain yourself and tell them I forgive you, imagine you returning rude with rude , lack of kindness with another, if the world was like that I guess all that was left of it by now was ruins. Be kind even to the undeserving, and mind your own business, and move on. One thing to note though, being kind doesn’t mean being everyone’s doormat. You can be kind and still say “no”, you can be kind and still stand up for yourself. This also applies to confronting someone; you can still confront someone and not embarrass them in front of other people. Just put yourself in the other person’s shoe and imagine if you could handle someone being rude to you for no apparent reason, whenever the urge knocks on your door.

·        Apologize whenever “necessary”, even if you know you are not on the wrong side, you are being the bigger person. I know there is an animal called “ego”, and it really gets in the way. This animal roars fire but I mean, just try and see how it feels, defeat it every  time, it becomes a habit and you are always happy for moving on.

·        One other weird way I show kindness is to say “thank you” every darn time, when someone gives me something, or even if I give them something of mine and they return it back. Trust me some other people do not even return back anything you give them even if it’s small or big, expensive or not, they just don’t. So being kind enough to say thank you, motivates the next person to keep returning whatever they could borrow from you next time. It is weird I know, but it works and makes the world a better place.

·        Above all show a little kindness to yourself, you might not be where you want to be in life, or feel like you could have done things differently and better, and feel like a failure in life, the only failure in life is not to use the lessons you have learnt from when you could not do your best, it is what shaped you to be a better person today. BE KIND TO YOURSELF!!!

NOTE: Always know that the world is a coin it has two sides to it, right and wrong, choose which one you want and also remember that the way you see the world is not the same as someone else sees it, just because you find good in everything, or try to create and cultivate good, there is someone who thinks otherwise, be kind anyway. Kindness doesn’t make you happy if it’s all you do, it makes you slightly happier together with other qualities of development in your life. It doesn’t stand alone, If you think it did, you will be disappointed. It’s a complementary attribute…

#showkindness  
#vision2019
#sellove



No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry to judge, I can only imagine what you have gone through...

                To you whose life I broke through my words...                                                 ðŸ’”💔💔 I am sitting here t...